Configure SharePoint fields (columns) in a web or list.
Fields API using the
fields property of
Get a field by its ID or GUID. We highly recommend using the
getByTitle method for any custom fields created by Engineer, as the field ID may change from environment to environment.
- The ID or GUID of the field to be retrieved (
Get a field by its internal name or title.
- The internal name of the field, or the title (display name) of the field (
Add a new field to the target
- New field configuration (
- If a
Stringis provided instead of
options, a new field with this title will be created with default configuration (
- The field type; possible values are
- A title for the new field (
- A description for the new field (
- A group name for the new field (
- See Microsoft’s
Fieldresource documentation for a listing of all possible properties that can be passed to the REST API
Add a new field from XML schema to the target
- The XML field definition schema for the new field; see Microsoft’s field definition documentation for more information on building fields from an XML schema (
Managed Metadata/Taxonomy Fields
Want to add a managed metadata/taxonomy field? Check out our test migration on GitHub.